Tuesday, April 25, 2017

PTI April Blog Hop

I forgot that today was the Papertrey Ink April Blog hop - but was reminded with an e-mail and I happened to have some time to stamp and was inspired by the photo so I am joining in -  better late than never!  
Here's Nicole's inspiration photo for the challenge.
And here is my card -  I like to keep sympathy cards on hand so that is the sentiment I used.
I've had the Lovely Layers dies for many years and finally got around to ordering the stamps that go with it recently!   

I also used the new Fun Frames die.  The sentiment and vine are from an older set Beyond Basic Borders. (this set is now in the Vault)

You'll find the challenge here.
Stamps:  Lovely Layers, Beyond Basic Borders - PTI
Paper:  Sweet Bush, Stormy Sea, white - PTI
Ink:  Sweet Blush, Stormy Sea, Bright Buttercup, Orange Zest - PTI
Accessories:  Fun Frames Dies, Lovely Layers Dies - PTI, foam dots, Tombow Liquid Glue.

24 comments:

Karen said...

You've used one of my all-time favorite sets, and produced a fabulous card for this inspiration piece!

Lyn said...

Love your take on the photo really nice!

Rosemary said...

beautiful take on the inspiration photo!!!

Nancy Penir said...

Stunning, Julia! Love how you used the pink card stock and that frame is wonderful!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

PRETTY card, Julia...I LOVE the vine peeking out behind your frame...so cute!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love the elements you pulled together. Nice job

Unknown said...

Very nice. Sympathy cards can be so hard to make, don't you think? You did a great job.

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! I love this!

Wanda Cullen said...

Julia, this is such a gorgeous design! Love your take on the colors!

paperkicks said...

Wow Julia....awesome card. Love the layers, textures, and how you used the colors!! Stunning!

Kathy Mc said...

Beautiful design, Julia, and a great sympathy card!

Brenda Brown said...

You've captured the feel of the sentiment and the inspiration colours and design beautifully Julia, your card is gorgeous xxx

Imke said...

Beautiful flower Card, Julia. Thanks for the Reminder of this Set - i have it too and have to pull it out. Great take with the Inspiration Picture.

Imke~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Vikki H said...

OH, what a gorgeous card and interesting design! Great job on the challenge!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a beautiful card Julia! Love all the layers! Great take on the challenge!

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely card Julia! I haven't played with my lovely layers stamp set in ages and your card reminds me of how much I like this set! It looks fabulous in the colors from the inspiration photo and I love the fun frame you used too! Wonderful card!! :0)

Carmela said...

Beautiful card! Love your design. Your floral element turned out great!

Diana K said...

Really really love this one. So beautiful! I didn't think I needed Fun Frames, but I might have been wrong. :)

Greta said...

It never crossed my mind to use Lovely Layers & I adore the look of this card! Now I'm going to pull out that stamp set--thanks for the inspiration!

Bonnie said...

I really like how these dies stack up, Julia! The stamping is so pretty! I think it's good you got them!

Anonymous said...

Stunning Julia!!! I love how you used the frame and the colors are perfect!

Joyce said...

Ack--this is the perfect set of stamps and dies for this challenge. Love how it all came out.

Teddra said...

So gorgeous!!

nancy littrell said...

Such a pretty card with your die cuts and stamps. Aren't you happy that you finally got the stamp set too :-) TFS my friend. Hugs...